Recently we have spoken about outsourcing, what to expect and how to do it, but one of the biggies my clients have told me is staying calm, they know they are doing the right thing, but when the day comes to handing stuff over they get all jittery!
This is so normal, don’t feel that you are over reacting because you are not, remember this is your dream, you have been working on this for months if not years, this concept has been in the making for such a long time and now you are having someone else come in and start poking around in your systems, your templates, your work and it can be daunting and really unsettling.
Just make sure you follow these quick little tips:
- Make sure you only delegate a few small things for the first few weeks
- Make sure they are done to your satisfaction, don’t feel your VA will be annoyed at the amendments, they will be more annoyed that they haven’t done it to your complete satisfaction.
- Communicate with your VA regularly, on a new contract for me it is normal to have a least one email a day for the first few weeks, then I find that they have become settled and more comfortable with my work so we tend to touch base once a week.
- Don’t feel pressured, if you are not happy or you are not ready to hand more work over, be firm!
- Enjoy! Don’t feel guilty that you have outsourced work, you need to do this to grow your business and free up your time, you are not lazy, you are being honest with yourself, you know that you need help! There is no shame in that!
If you are feeling swamped with work and you feel you could benefit from outsourcing then get in touch, will be happy to run through anything with you. Grab my latest freebie HERE